2019-20 allocation of pupil premium grant at Kettlewell
At Kettlewell Primary School, we have been allocated £4,600 for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
The funding will be used in the following ways.
- Additional TA support within the classroom to deliver intervention programmes including those for maths, spelling and handwriting with the intention of accelerating progress and reaching end of year expectations.
- Additional TA support in the classroom to be used for same day intervention to address mis-conceptions as they arise with the intention of accelerating progress and reaching end of year expectations.
- Purchase concrete resources to support learning and understanding in maths to increase and support learning
- Use of maths specialist teacher and skilled HLTA in maths to challenge children, in order for them to achieve greater depth at the end of the academic year.
- Purchase additional resources to support the work of the specialist teacher to engage children and enthuse their love of maths including work on reasoning and problem solving, impacting on children’s ability to articulate their understanding
- Increased opportunities for social speaking , circle time and forums for small group, paired and one to one discussions, in order to increase confidence