The Core purpose of the Governing Body is stated below;
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the Headteachers to account for the educational performance of the schools and their pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the schools and making sure money is well spent.
- Developing and maintaining the distinctive ethos of our three Church schools.
We have done this primarily by;
“Being the light”
In terms of…
- Monitoring, with the EHTs and subject leaders, the work of pupils in the classroom.
- Scrutinising the work done by pupils.
- Examining and challenging internal and external performance and progress data.
- Ensuring the judgements of staff and the Headteacher are in line with local and national standards through Local Authority validation, OFSTED and the Diocese.
- Ensuring that the individual needs of pupils are met through appropriate interventions.
- Judicious financial planning.
The detailed work we have done in our working groups and in the Governing Body meetings revolves around the Federation development plan: a copy of this is available on the website. This details our priorities for the academic year 2018 – 19 and we work on these with the Executive Headteacher, Local Authority, Diocese and all staff.
In addition, we must fulfil our statutory responsibilities in the areas of;
- Financial Management
- Performance Management of the Headteachers
- Health and Safety
- Reviewing and updating statutory policies
- Monitoring the effectiveness and impact of pupil premium and sports premium funding
Governors have undertaken a variety of training including Local Authority Networks, OFSTED preparation, School Improvement, Safeguarding, Finance,
Complaints, Data, Distinctive Ethos, SIAMS new framework, Leadership in Action – Beyond the measurable, Introduction to Governance, GDPR, Special Needs, Federation networks.
Our major aims for the forthcoming year 2019 to 2020 are as follows;
- To work with our two Co-Heads on moving the Federation forward in terms of curriculum, teaching and learning and finance.
- To continue to ensure that teaching and learning are at least consistently good and work towards their becoming outstanding for all pupils.
- To continue to plan for a sustainable future.
- To work effectively to implement the school development plan within the Federation.